- June 25, 2016 A closer look into the United Way’s goal to help more than 200 homeless families with the 10 Cares RYSE Up Roanoke Telethon
- June 22, 2016 Roanoke family shares story of homelessness, importance of stability
- June 17, 2016One emergency away from being homeless, ARCH helps these families
- May 26, 2016 Broad campaign to end family homelessness in Roanoke announced
- May 12, 2016 Roanoke organization receiving grants to fight homelessness
Roanoke Valley Gives
Roanoke Valley Gives is a 24 hour online giving event, where you can support nonprofit organizations servicing the Roanoke Valley by visiting https://rvgives.givebig.org anytime on March 15, 2017Donate
Comedy by Choice
2:00-5:00 PM, Holiday Inn at Tanglewood
Choices Recovery Center, a program of ARCH, presents “Comedy by Choice!” featuring comedian Julie Scoggins and more! Also, a silent auction, 50/50, and bidding wars to be held. Proceeds will support our peer support recovery program. This a PG13 comedy show. Tickets are $10 online and $15 at the door. Click “Purchase” on our homepage to purchase tickets to this event.
Julie Scoggins, from Last Comic Standing Season 9
A former trucker, pooper scooper, & charm school graduate from Charlotte, North Carolina, Julie has been touring as a full time standup comedian for over 15 years. On the road approximately 36 weeks a year with one week a month set aside for "marriage preservation". She loves riding her motorcycle to gigs & you'll frequently see her 2004 Harley Road King parked outside the club, theater, radio, or TV station. Julie's regularly heard on XM/Sirius Blue Collar Radio, as well as many syndicated stations including the John Boy & Billy Show, and the Bob & Sheri Show, (Charlotte, NC), & the Bob & Tom Show (Indianapolis, IN).
Run for Recovery
8:00 AM,Washington Park
Run for Recovery is an 8K run in support of Choices Recovery Center, our peer support recovery program that serves those recovering from alcoholism and drug abuse. The event will entail 1 mile memory walk and memory garden for loved ones lost. Register for the run at www.active.com